Live blog: Richmond vs. Rhode Island

A last-second shot attempt from S. Jones from half court misses the mark. The Rams win 79-74. 

:02.1 -- E.C. Matthews at the line for the Rams hits both of his foul shots. 

:12.1 -- Questionable call by the referee. Could have been a travel before the Spider foul. Rams lead 77-72. K. Anthony at the line. 

The crowd is on their feet anxiously awaiting the final seconds of this game. 

:13.6 -- K. Anthony splits three Ram defenders and makes the reverse layup. Rams lead 75-72. 

:20.6 -- TJ Cline is called for the intentional foul. H. Martin misses both of his foul shots. Possession stays with the Rams. Rams lead 75-70. 

:27.9 -- J. Garrett hits one of two foul shots. On the other end of the court, K. Anthony's floater is good for another two points. K. Anthony is trying to get the crowd going.

:37.0 -- The Spiders try to hang on. K. Anthony at the line connects for both foul shots. Rams lead 72-68. 

Coach Hurley is firing up his players in the time out. H. Martin and E.C. Matthews have been a force. 

1:11 -- K. Anthony's pull up is short. T. Allen is forced to commit his fifth and final foul. 

1:52 -- After a Spider steal and great ball movement, J.Jones finds TJ Cline on the left block for a baby hook that is good for two points. Spider pressure forces a URI player to call a time out.

2:22 -- K. Anthony's floater over a Ram defender is good for two points. Rams lead 69-62. 

At the last media time out the Rams continue to lead 67-58. Timely three-pointers by URI are making Richmond's comeback harder. Spiders have shot just 20 percent from three-point range this afternoon. 

3:20 -- T. Davis tips in a TJ Cline miss. 

4:33 -- E.C. Matthews just cannot miss from beyond the arc, this time from the left wing. Rams lead 65-54. 

5:16 -- E.C. Matthews drills a deep three-pointer from the right wing. The Ram lead extends to seven. 

6:25 -- T. Davis at the line for the Spiders. He is one for two as well. Rams lead 57-53. Both teams need to start making their foul shots sooner or later. 

7:04 -- K. Anthony is one of two from the foul line and the Rams lead is cut to three. 

9:04 -- H. Martin of URI makes a big time play and throws the ball down. 

10:17 -- A Ram defender on TJ Clines falls over, but Cline scores anyway. K. Anthony finds his way to the basket for the and-one call and makes the free throw. 

11:50 -- J. Jones finds the bottom of the net on a deep three-pointer off a kickout. The lead is cut to two points. Richmond has scored 17 points off of the 14 Rhode Island turnovers. 

12:59 -- Both teams are already in bonus situations. S. Jones comes off a ball screen in transition and hits the pull up right inside the three-point line. Rams lead 41-36. 

17:25 -- T. Allen makes a shifty move to the basket, and the fade away is good for two points. The ball is going up and down the court but neither team can convert. 

It's halftime here in the Robins Center and the Mascots have taken the court to show off their skills. More importantly, Richmond has cut Rhode Island's lead to nine points. Both teams are shooting the ball exceptionally well, but the Rams have taken 12 more shots than the Spiders. The Rams also out-rebounded the Spiders 20-12 in the first half, ten of those being offensive boards.

:36.2 -- TJ Cline at the line. He makes one of two foul shots. Rams hold the ball for the final shot of the first half. 

At the last media time out of the first half the Spiders trail by eight points. They will have the ball out of the time out. 

4:32 -- E.C. Matthews of URI makes a big time three-pointer. Rams are up ten. 

5:57 -- K. Anthony connects for his first two points of the game on a two-dribble pull up.

7:21 -- The Rams have led for the majority of the first half and shooting 50 percent from the field. Rams lead 22-15. 

9:19 -- S. Jones is called for the technical foul. All players are diving to loose balls all over the court. D. Taylor soars over defenders for the rebound and on the other end of the court T. Allen goes to the line but misses the front end. 

10:22 -- The Robins Center is the loudest it has been all season. T. Allen takes it coast to coast for a one-handed dunk and races down the other end of the court to block a jump shot. Rams lead 18-12. 

10:53 -- Out of the 12-minute media time out there is a jump ball on the floor. Possession arrow in favor of the Spiders.

12:41 -- A. Nelson-Ododa went down after a series of Ram offensive rebounds. D. Taylor is met at the rim by two Ram defenders and the foul is called. D. Taylor misses both foul shots, but TJ Cline is there for the rebound and put back. 

14:10 -- Rams are shaking off Spider defenders and knocking down the mid-range shots. 

17:22 -- T. Allen responds from a Ram three-pointer with one of his own. The crowd is into this game tonight. 

18:25 -- Physical start to the game so far. TJ Cline connects for the first Spider basket of the game. Rams lead 6-2 early on. 

Hello everyone, my name is Olivia Healy and I will be covering this afternoon's basketball game at the Robins Center. The Richmond Spiders (12-10) will face the Rhode Island Rams (15-5) in approximately 15 minutes.