Take a break from finals with Richmond spring events

<p>For those of you staying in Richmond for the summer or living&nbsp;close by, check out some of the city’s&nbsp;coming events.</p>

For those of you staying in Richmond for the summer or living close by, check out some of the city’s coming events.

One of the best things about living in a vibrant city like Richmond, Virginia, is the endless amount of things to do. Richmond is a busy hub for music and art and always offers something new and exciting for locals and visitors alike. For those of you staying in Richmond for the summer or even just living close by, check out some of the city’s coming events.

RVA Street Art Festival – April 21-24

-    

Help bring life to the Southern States Silos that overlook the James River and Richmond skyline! This festival will bring color, life and paint to the historic building. These three days will feature local food, music and market. The purpose of the festival is to support youth art education, discover local talents and bring life to the city. 

RVA Earth Day Festival – April 23

Join the Richmond community in celebrating Earth Day in support of FeedRVA. The event will feature local music, food, art displays, local businesses, and farmer’s markets.

Carytown 10K – April 24

Interested in experiencing Carytown in a unique way? Show off your skills and take part in one of the area’s fastest 10K courses for the chance to win prize packages from the Road Runner Running Store in Carytown.

When Art Meets Fashion -- April 28

-      

Presented by Style Week, When Art Meets Fashion is an event that showcases local Richmond artists as well as the designs of an acclaimed fashion designer. Come out for a fun evening of fashion, art, music and food.

­

Richmond Brunch Weekend – May 14

For all the foodies out there, Richmond is bringing you the first event of its kind. Over a dozen restaurants will be participating in the event and $2 from every plate will be directed toward cancer research.

Carytown Food Tour -- book tickets now for May tours

-    

Sample food and snacks from six different restaurants throughout Carytown as you explore and learn more about the town. The tour lasts two and a half hours and spans less than a mile walk. These tours happen weekly, but fill up quickly. To reserve a spot in May, book now.

Contact buzz writer Jessica Dugan at jessica.dugan@richmond.edu