UR Weekly Roundup | Week of Oct. 24

<p>Photos by Madyson Fitzgerald and Ben Wasserstein.</p>

Photos by Madyson Fitzgerald and Ben Wasserstein.

From spooky season celebrations to informational panels, this week has a lot to offer. 

Richmond Restaurant Week 

Monday through Sunday 

This week is a great week to plan dinner with your friends. Richmond Restaurant Week offers the opportunity to eat a special, three-course prix-fixe meal at participating local restaurants. The meal costs $35.22, and $5.22 will be donated to Feed More, an organization that helps to eliminate hunger. Visit the webpage for more information and to make your reservations. 

AccountingFest 

Tuesday 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m. 

Interested in pursuing a career in accounting? A panel in the Queally Center for Admissions and Career Services featuring recruiters and alumni will discuss insider knowledge and tips on the industry as well as internships, externships and the application processes. After the panel discussion, students will be able to attend an informal networking reception. This event is recommended for first-year and sophomore students, and the dress code is business casual. Register here

Global Music Series: Balinese Music & Dance 

Tuesday at 3 p.m. and at 7:30 p.m. 

The International Education’s Global Music Series, co-sponsored with the Department of Music, is bringing in performers from the Indonesian Institute of Arts for two performances on Tuesday. Head to the International Center Ellipse at 3 p.m. for a flash performance. At 7:30 p.m., there will be a concert and a Q&A at the International Center Commons. Tickets are not required. 

HarvestFest

Saturday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. 

Head to the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden for HarvestFest, a festival with live music, food and many activities. Activities include a maker's market, a fall photo booth and artisan-carved pumpkins and apples. Tickets for this event are included with regular garden admission. For more information about the event and tickets visit here

‘Scarytown’ Carytown Halloween Celebrations 

Saturday noon to 6 p.m. 

Looking for some Halloween spirit? Carytown will be having spooky season celebrations throughout the day on Saturday. Ellwood Thompson’s will have pumpkin painting and face painting from noon to 2 p.m. The 17th annual Richmond Zombie Walk will begin at Sen Organic Small Plate and will lap around the downtown area ending at The Byrd Theatre from 2:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. Local businesses that are displaying pumpkins in their window will be passing out candy for trick-or-treaters between 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.  

Contact lifestyle editor Corinne Flaherty at corinne.flaherty@richmond.edu.