Breweries to Visit in RVA

<p>Inside at The Veil Brewing Co. <em>Photo courtesy of Google Images.</em></p>

Inside at The Veil Brewing Co. Photo courtesy of Google Images.

For University of Richmond students over the age of 21, there are plenty of ways to enjoy the age-specific perks nearby campus. Breweries are a great place to spend time with friends and unwind after a long school week, and there are plenty of choices with over 30 craft breweries, distilleries and cideries. 

VinePair named Richmond the #1 craft beer destination in the world, according to VisitRichmondVa.com.

This may be because -- according to WalletHub -- Richmond has one the most craft breweries per capita in the whole country, with 10.44 craft breweries per 100,000 residents. 

Here are some of the many nearby breweries to visit in RVA. 

Ardent Craft Ales - 3200 W. Leigh Street Richmond, VA 23230

Ardent Craft Ales is a taproom, beer garden and production brewery in the Scott’s Addition area. It offers a long list of daily draft beers, a food menu, charcuterie boards and even a wine list. You can visit the taproom and beer garden with both indoor and outdoor seating. 

Blue Bee Cider - 1320 Summit Avenue Richmond, VA 23230

As Virginia’s first urban cidery, Blue Bee Cider unites past and present craft traditions. Also located in the Scott’s Addition district, Blue Bee includes a cideries tasting room, behind-the-scenes tour and some on-site dining. 

Hardywood Park Craft Brewery - 2410 Ownby Ln Richmond, VA 23220

This past August, Style Weekly awarded Hardywood Park Craft Brewery Richmond’s Best Local Brewery 2021. You can visit the brewery's beer garden and pizza kitchen, enjoy live music and community events and even play games like cornhole and bocce. Hardywood is a great place to visit this winter, especially to enjoy the seasonal Gingerbread and Christmas Pancakes stouts. 

Main Line Brewery - 1603 Ownby Lane Richmond, VA 23220

Main Line Brewery offers a curated selection of beers and seltzers paired with live music, lawn games and community events. As one of the newer RVA breweries, Main Line offers a rotating draft list that includes several unique flavors and taps. 

The Veil Brewing Co. - 1301 Roseneath Rd Richmond, VA 23230  

With three locations in the Richmond area and four in the state, The Veil Brewing Co. is a popular brewery destination. The Scott’s Addition location offers a modern, industrial vibe with indoor and outdoor seating. You can enjoy beer to-go, draft on-premise and food from rotating vendors. 

Väsen Brewing Company - 3331 Moore Street Richmond, VA 23230

The Väsen Brewing Company touts its work with Virginia farmers and energy producers to foster a local, sustainable supply chain. At Väsen, you can visit the taproom, take a tour of the brewhouse or attend rotating weekly events. 

Contact lifestyle writer Michelle Parente at michelle.parente@richmond.edu